Recipe: Ragi & Whole Wheat Paneer Momos
Updated: Dec 24, 2021
Taking advantage of the versatility of millets, we have developed this momo recipe using ragi (finger millet). Since millet is gluten free, it is difficult to roll it. So we have used wheat flour along with ragi flour for making momos. For stuffing, we have used paneer as the main ingredient but you can use a stuffing of your choice. In this recipe it is very important to knead a soft dough of wheat and ragi so that you can roll and shape it easily. We hope you will like this millet twist to your favourite street food.
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup finger millet (ragi) flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
¼ cup milk
¼ cup water
3-4 finely chopped garlic
1 inch finely shredded or chopped ginger
1 medium size finely chopped onion
2 finely chopped green chillies
½ cup grated cabbage
1 cup grated paneer
½ tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
Serving: 10 -12 momos
Calorific Value (per serving):
Energy: 107 kcal
Protein: 3.25 gm
Carbs: 10 gm
Fats: 6 gm
Fibre: 2 gm
Steps to make dough:
1. In a large bowl mix wheat and finger millet flour.
2. Add salt and oil to this flour mixture.
3. Now mix everything together with your hand.
4. Mix milk and water. Add this liquid slowly to the flour and knead a soft dough.
5. Once your dough is kneaded, grease it with some oil and cover it with damp cloth.
Let this dough rest for 30 minutes.
Steps to make stuffing:
1. Heat oil in the pan on a medium flame. Once oil is heated saute garlic, ginger and
2. Add chopped onion and saute them till they turn slightly brown.
3. Add cabbage along with salt. Saute this cabbage for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add paneer to this mixture and mix everything together.
5. Add black pepper and give the entire mixture a gentle mix.